Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ayla Brown goes country: listen to new single "My Favorite Part"

Ayla Brown has decided to take the country route on her next album. The Season 5 Top 16 contestant was profiled on Boston.com today, with an article detailing her decision to pursue a career in the country industry. Below is a snippet from the piece:

She has her reasons. OK, she's tall and beautiful. She can’t change that. But she doesn't want the sexy stuff that dominates the music industry to define her. Not like Lady Ga-Ga, Janet Jackson, or a young Madonna. She wants to be a role model for young girls.

"I don’t want to be on stage shaking my butt to get fans," says Brown. "The pop world is not where I see my future."

So the former "American Idol" contestant is embarking on a country music career. "I'm excited and nervous," she says. "It’s like starting over again."

She'll show off her new sound at Arlington's Regent Theatre tomorrow night. "It's a coming-out show for me, with my new style and band."
A live video of Ayla's new single "My Favorite Part" was also posted along with the article. Watch it below:



Ayla will be debuting her new Nashville sound tomorrow at the Regent Theatre in Arlington, Mass., with her new band at 8 p.m. For ticket information, visit RegentTheatre.com.

No comments:

Search & Win