Sunday, September 19, 2010

"It's the wheel of the world"

After more than two and a half years of regularly blogging about all things Idol, I am announcing that IDOL LIVE will be put on hiatus indefinitely. Considering my love for this show has been waning ever since Season 5 and I am just starting my final, most challenging semester of college, I don't have the time, nor the drive, to continue with my regular blogging duties.

The quality of this past season didn't help matters, as I almost ended IDOL LIVE immediately following the end of the season, but decided to carry on in case anything interesting happened (and technically, the Fantasia episode warranted my decision to stick with it). But as Idol enters its 10th season as a shadow of its former self, I think it's better to stop now rather than sit and watch the Titanic's deck chairs rearranged one last time.

Who knows, maybe by the time Simon's The X Factor debuts next fall I will be back on the blogging bandwagon? But for now, I'll be sitting on the sidelines and observing from a quieter perch. To all of you who have read my posts, commented and contributed your own material over the years, I sincerely thank you for your interest. You are what kept me going.

I can still be reached at idollive.net@gmail.com, if necessary, and I will continue to monitor IDOL LIVE's Twitter account, but will not be publishing new material.

And with that, I will leave you with the chorus of Carrie Underwood's "Wheel of the World," one of my favorite tracks of hers:

It's the wheel of the world
It's the wheel of the world turning around
In the blink of an eye
It can change your life
And it never even slows down
It's the wheel of the world


Thanks again,

-Mike

8 comments:

Amir Hazwan said...

I'm a regular visitor. Kinda sad to hear this. Guess I've nothing to say except thank you and good luck with your final semester!
:)

Katheryn said...

Maintaining a blog like this is a full-time job in and of itself. I had no idea you were in college, so kudos to you for keeping it going all this time!

Season 7 was my favorite year of Idol, thanks to the musical protege David Archuleta. After that year ended, my interest totally tanked, in part because I had learned too much about all the backstage machinations of the producers. I'm now a total sceptic. I lost my "innocence" with regards to thinking they were only looking for the best singers.

By the way, if you do decide to cover Simon Cowell's new show (X-Factor), be sure to research the uproar the original has caused over in the U.K. They've been calling him the "X-Faker" because of the use of auto-tuning on the British version.

Good luck in your studies!

Katheryn said...

Oh, heck! I meant to say "musical prodigy" in reference to David Archuleta. It's a good thing I'm not running a blog!

Markus said...

Thanks for everything! :)

LAH said...

I miss this blog so much! Wish you'd reconsider for future seasons (or next week, for that matter!). Thanks for keeping it going as long as you did.

Earn Real 100% Working said...

must visit @!! Best PTC Sites List
EARN MONEY JUST BY VIEWING ADVERTISEMENT

Black Dating Websites said...

Thanks for posting! Wonderful poem!

Americas Got Talent said...

I like this article.I was searching over search engines and found your blog and its really helps thank you so much

Search & Win