Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Simon Cowell writes op-ed in favor of David Cameron ahead of election

Simon Cowell has proven to be influential in swaying opinions in the past, and now he's looking to flex his muscle once again. Writing a piece in today's Sun, Simon argued in favor of David Cameron, the leader of Britain's Conservative Party, as the candidate of choice in the country's national elections. He wrote:

I have met David on two occasions. I liked him immediately. I trust him and he was very quick to commit to helping with a serious funding deficit for a children's hospice charity I am involved with.

I have always trusted my gut instinct - and this was a guy who I thought would do the right things for this country.
Simon went on to close with a convincing statement of his vision for his homeland in the future:

To enable that, we have to bring back some common sense and encourage family values, a proper sense of justice and make people believe they have a decent chance to build a business or career for themselves. I see this moment as a fantastic opportunity to restore this, because I believe Britain Has Talent.

Who knows, maybe this will be what pushes Cameron over the finish line for a clearcut majority in the general election. If so, Simon has once again proven his influence when it comes to casting votes.

No comments:

Search & Win