Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Official: Paula Abdul will not return as judge

After months of swirling rumors, Paula Abdul has confirmed via her official Twitter account that she will not be returning to Idol for the show's ninth season. In her own words:

With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to #IDOL. I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all..Cont'd... 39 minutes ago from web

I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent,but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon. 38 minutes ago from web

Paula seems to be holding her head up high, though, as she thanked her fans, who actually voted her "Ms. Twitter USA" earlier today:

What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me 37 minutes ago from web

It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month 37 minutes ago from web

I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all 37 minutes ago from web

Although it is sad to see Paula leaving under these circumstances, this does not come as a shock by any means. It was just over two weeks ago that her manager, David Sonenberg, claimed it was unlikely she would return as a judge for Season 9. The timing for this announcement also makes sense, as the second round of auditions are set to begin filming in the next few days, requiring the judges to be on-site for the tapings.

Regardless of what happens with the future of this show, it will surely not be the same without her.

1 comment:

Sean Hathaway said...

Paula was the second best judge for the sole reason that she has some semblance of a personality... now the show is going to be even more dependent on Simon

Search & Win