Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Arch blogs about win at ALMA Awards

David Archuleta yesterday blogged about his recent activities, including his performance and win at the ALMA Awards last Friday. In a post on his official Ning site, Arch said he enjoyed singing "America the Beautiful" at the U.S. Open in Flushing, N.Y., and his trip back home to Utah. Of the ALMA Awards, he said:

I had plenty of nerves over those performances lol. I sang Contigo en la Distancia, which is one of my favorite songs to sing so I'm really glad I got to sing it. I was so happy to be able to do it for all the Latin people too! I owe so much to the Hispanic culture since my mom and all of her family are Hispanic, and it's definitely had a huge impact on the way I am. So I'm definitely planning on doing more in Spanish, and I hope this will allow more opportunities. So I need to thank the ALMA Awards for having come and perform, and it was really exciting to receive an award for new artist too!
Watch Arch's performance of "Contigo En La Distancia," which was broadcast on ABC last Friday, below:



While at home last week, Arch paid a visit to the Utah Symphony. Of the concert he said:
It was pretty amazing actually! I really haven't listened to a whole lot of that kind of music, but I was just so drawn into it. They are incredibly talented! It made me appreciate classical music so much more, and the emotion in the music is so moving. So I'd highly recommend that if you ever get the chance to go to a symphony... go! It's worth it if you pay attention to the feeling in the music and the playing of the musicians! I really hope I can go again sometime soon.
To finish off his post, Arch said he is going to Nashville, Tenn., in the near future to work with writers for his next album.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he had nerves I sure couldn't tell. Beautiful performance.... plain and simply perfect.

Gail said...

it was a beautiful performance. you couldn't tell he was nervous at all.

Anonymous said...

an absolutely stunning performance by david... stunning. soaring. passionate. emotional. superb. masterclass. bravo.

Anonymous said...

If he can sing like that while nervous, I can't imagine what he can do when he is relaxed. I did hear him sing to a small group of his fans, and there is nothing quite like it. He even sings a cappela perfectly. He is amazingly talented.

Anonymous said...

David Archuleta gave a STUNNING performance of "Contigo en la distancia" live at the ALMA Award show September 18. Such a talented young man with beauty inside and outside.

David has a new CD “Christmas From The Heart” due to be released on October 13th. It has both a Spanish & French song on its track list. This CD is definitely on my list to buy!
http://tinyurl.com/mog9qu

Anonymous said...

David looked & sounded relaxed and amazing! Didn't notice any nervousness at all.

Anonymous said...

You would never know he was nervous by the way he sang. Magnificant!

Search & Win