Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Special commentary re: Siobhan Magnus

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I've been wrong on a lot of my predictions this season. In fact, I think I've only called two boots correctly in the Top 12 so far, which is especially bad for me. But for someone who pegged Siobhan Magnus to win the whole thing at the outset of the Top 12, tonight's results are even more disappointing than usual.

Even though she was never one of my favorites, I respected Siobhan's fearlessness and the way she was able to switch up her performance styles from week to week. It was also cool that a fellow Massachusetts resident was able to make it as far as she did. And then she just seemed like an all around cool person to hang out with. Sadly, however, it was not her title to earn, but it's really frustrating that the likes of Aaron Kelly and Mike Lynche have now outlasted her. They are two of the most overrated contestants of the season, and the fact that they're still there is inexplicable.

Regardless, Siobhan should go on to bigger and better things, most likely on Broadway, and Randy Jackson was right to tell her to be herself. If she does just that, things should go quite well for Season 9's spunky firecracker with a distinguished screech.

P.S. this season blows big time.

No comments:

Search & Win