Saturday, July 26, 2008

Heidi Montag made it to Hollywood..in 2004

Yes, it's true. The star of MTV's The Hills tells J-14 magazine that she actually made it to the Hollywood round in 2004 for what would have been Season 4. As dug up by veronicamarsfan on IDF, according to the summer 2007 issue of the magazine:

Heidi Montag has proudly admitted that she, among the likes of William Hung, is an American Idol reject! Montag, who stars on MTV's hit show "The Hills" with Lauren Conrad, says "I auditioned for American Idol in late 2004 in San Francisco, but my audition and Hollywood performances never aired on TV," laughed Heidi.

When asked what Simon Cowell said to her about her singing, she joked, saying, "He thought I was horrible and he made me cry! No, but seriously, when I first auditioned, the judges didn't really like me. Simon said I was just another pretty girl with an okay voice. Randy said that I was better than most of the people they had seen in San Francisco. Paula said she was on the fence, but I seriously got down on my knees and begged her and she finally said yes. But it didn't matter because I ended up getting cut on the first day of Hollywood. I was really upset, but I got over it because I had just moved to San Francisco to start a new life."
It's a sad fact that Heidi will never have the chance to grace the Idol stage, but something tells IDOL LIVE that this is a good thing. America was spared seeing this on its TV screens.

No comments:

Search & Win