Thursday, May 22, 2008

Archuleta inks deal with Jive

Not even 24 hours since learning he finished as runner-up on Season 7 of American Idol, David Archuleta has signed a deal with Jive Records. Per HitsDailyDouble.com...


Richard Palmese’s J/RCA Music Group promo team are already on the case working the debut single from last night’s Idol winner David Cook, “Time of My Life,” which is being delivered to radio as we speak. Meanwhile, runner-up David Archuleta will join the Jive label for his album debut, coming sometimes this summer. Going against tradition, a single from the second place finisher will not be released until close to the full-length release date.
A summer release seems way too early, especially when factoring in the Idols Live! tour, which runs until September. This would suggest the album is already put together and all that is missing are Arch's vocals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for David Archuleta's album to come out. He is my American Idol and will have much success. I will support all his music. He is an awesome talent.

Anonymous said...

HE IS THE BEST "IDOL" CONTESTANT I KNOW! JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS ALBUM TO RULE THE TOP SPOT OF BILLBOARD 2OO....I BET ARCHULETA WILL BE MUCH SUCCESSFUL THAN THE VOTED-DUE-TO-SYMPATHY WINNER COOK.

Anonymous said...

Baby David is world idol! I'll buy many copies of all his CDs. He's the most wonderful kid ever.

Anonymous said...

I CANT WAIT DAVID IS MY HUBBY IM SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Search & Win