Monday, June 8, 2009

Kris signs with Jive; Adam with RCA

The announcements came more quietly than in years past, but it was finally officially revealed that Kris Allen and Adam Lambert have signed with their Sony-BMG record labels. According to EOnline.com, Kris has signed with 19/Jive, while Adam has inked a deal with 19/RCA.

As for what kind of music Kris will be recording for his forthcoming album, he told EOnline:

"I felt like I did exactly what I wanted to do on the show that I would want to do on a record," Kris said. "When I went on the show and did 'Ain't No Sunshine,' I felt that was the kind of stuff that I wanted to do—stuff that kind of moves people and has that feeling."

Adam mentioned his deal a little more nonchalantly, as the discussion du jour still seems to be revolving around his sexuality. Per Eonline:

So coming in second place, do you have a record contract? Collaborating with anyone yet? You said you'd love to work with Lady Gaga, Madonna...

Yes, I do, with RCA. I can't say yet. I wanna keep [collaborators] a surprise, but we have some really great stuff in store.

The breakdown for Idol winners and runners-up and their post-show labels are as follows:

RCA: 8 (Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee, David Cook, Adam Lambert)
Jive: 3 (Jordin Sparks, David Archuleta, Kris Allen)
J Records: 2 (Ruben Studdard, Fantasia)
Arista: 2 (Taylor Hicks, Blake Lewis)
Arista Nashville: 1 (Carrie Underwood)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clay Aiken/Ruben Studdard all over again. Clay on Rolling Stone cover before winner...Adam on Rolling Stone cover before winner. Clay signed with RCA...Adam signed with RCA. Clay got out of his AI contract early on, which cost AI/E19 dearly. Season 2 had the highest ratings of all the AI seasons. Sure sounds like someone trying to recreate Clay Aiken. They tried last year with the two Davids but it didn't work. Good luck to you Adam. I hope they don't turn on you like they turned on Clay...all for money.

Search & Win