Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nikki McKibbin drove son to school while drunk

Nikki McKibbin is no stranger to controversy, nor is she one to shy away from making headlines for all the wrong reasons. But the first season's third-place finalist and star of VH1's Celebrity Rehab and Sober House spoke with FOXNews.com's "Pop Tarts" section, to which she revealed the following:

"I was a horrible person when I drank. I was awful and really mean and really angry and I started fights with people for no reason, I was a bad mom and a bad wife," McKibbin told Tarts at the recent "American Idol" finale in Los Angeles. "I took care of my son when I was high and was driving to school drunk, I was just really bad off."

Nikki, who will be sober exactly one year on June 10, said she agreed to appear on Celebrity Rehab because she "had come to a point in my life where I knew I needed help, so when they called and gave me the opportunity I just took them up on it."

She also got in a word about Kelly Clarkson, whom she said has wanted nothing to do with her since Nikki showed up at one of her concerts high. The real point of this admission is probably to jump start sales of her new single, "Inconsolable," which is available to purchase on iTunes.

No comments:

Search & Win