Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Arch's album cover

David Archuleta's debut self-titled album is no longer cover art-less, as it popped up on Amazon.com earlier this evening. The cover, which uses a lot more red than most expected, is alright compared to some of the more recent cheesy (at least he's not laying on a horse) and dull (if Kellie knows she's so beautiful, why is her cover in black and white?) ones from Idol alums.

The cover is a step up from the "Crush" one, but that's not saying much. But Arch seems to give off a vampire vibe for some reason, maybe it's the eye shadow? Regardless, it's the material that matters much more than the actual cover art (just ask Jordin Sparks), and so judging from "Crush," he should be pretty much set in terms of quality of his material.

David Archuleta drops Nov. 11 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon for $9.99, where it is currently #82 among all music items.

6 comments:

pastel said...

Total edge with not a hint of Disney. I'm totally okay with it. As you say, it's the content that counts anyway. Not sure what you mean about the eyeshadow though....that look is totally (super)natural Archuleta. He wears dark and sultry extremely well.

Anonymous said...

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like it. I'm fine with a serious vibe, but I'd prefer a serious DAVID vibe. This is SO not him. I'm a completely obsessed fan and have never seen him with an expression like this on his face.

Also, David is gorgeous. They must have had to take a thousand pictures in order to find one that was okay. David is SO not just OKAY. To me, it's just not flattering, just not David.

jana said...

Eyeshadow??? Don't see it, and either will you if you enlarge the picture.. He just has naturally gorgeous eys:)

Anonymous said...

Love the serious picture of David. This is how he sometimes looks when he transforms into his singing zone and becomes the song. He sure has IT ALL, voice, looks, personality, charisma, eyes that will have you posessed in no time into a hopelessly devoted fan person who canot get enough of anything David.

Anonymous said...

Looks seriously gorgeous! As always, only a little edgier which suits me just fine for a more mature look.

Those eyes will get you every time.
LOVING IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think he is better looking than this in most of his serious pictures, so it's not my favorite photo of him, but I do like the mature sophisticated look of the cover. I think what is inside is what counts and it is sure to be fabulous. I love this guys voice.

Search & Win