Sunday, September 21, 2008

Possible Arch song: "The Spare"

Although it has not yet been confirmed or denied, there are signs pointing toward an R&B-tinged track being given to David Archuleta for his upcoming Nov. 11 release. A demo of the song, titled "The Spare," was uploaded to YouTube yesterday featuring another singer in place of Arch and is linked to the MySpace of Shawn Kang, a Canadian hip hop producer. Listen to the demo below:



There is definitely a possibility that the demo is just using Arch's name to promote Kang's own music, but there is also reason to believe the song is being considered for Arch. The style, although a little more Chris Brown than his "Crush" is, could easily be seen as a good fit for the direction he is looking to take his music and would appeal to his target demographics and the Pop music format in general. What do y'all think?

4 comments:

virginia said...

Not sure about this for David Archuleta. I think I would have to hear David sing it. But if David had it on his cd I would still buy it because it is David.

Anonymous said...

Actually I think he would sing this very well. But one thing, consider not having the background music not be louder than David's voice. His voice is what we want to hear. They could have scaled back the background a bit on CRUSH and it might have allowed us more of David's voice. Sorry, I am not a musician and I don't know much about singing or instruments but that is just me wanting to hear David. I've already bought his upcoming album on Amazon and I am going to buy another one for my car when it comes out in November.
Go David!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I listened to the youtube of "The Spare" and wow again! That would be so cool if David actually gets that on his album. I would love to see the lyrics, though. Their are alot of long notes and some runs and very R&B which is what David needs.
Lovin' it, David! Hmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I love this song and think it would be perfect for David. He likes pop with soulful styling, and this is it. I love him with a touch of R&B.

He could make this cool song just UNBELIEVABLE. I think it would be a big hit for him!

Search & Win