Wednesday, March 18, 2009

'Idol' Hot 100: "My Life Would Suck Without You" #5 (3/28/09)

It was no surprise that Kelly Clarkson was once again queen of the Idol-related tracks on Billboard's Hot 100 chart for the chart week of March 28.

Kelly's single "My Life Would Suck Without You" advanced back into the Top 5, up four spots from #9 last week. The increase was undoubtedly due to increasing airplay and a sales boost from the release of her latest album All I Ever Wanted. Another Kelly song that made the chart this week was "Already Gone," which is a result of the track receiving the biggest sales figures of all album tracks. It debuted at #70 and will surely fall off the chart next week.

Carrie Underwood also had two songs on the Hot 100 for the week, as her cover of "Home Sweet Home" just missed out on the Top 20, coming it at #21. Her current single, "I Told You So," saw more positive movement just one week before it receives a huge boost, as it rose five spots to #57. Jennifer Hudson's "If This Isn't Love" also rose this week, albeit only by one spot to #84.

As for the Bubbling Under chart, two Kelly tracks made the cut, with "If I Can't Have You" popping up at #18 and "I Do Not Hook Up" following two spots behind.

Full chart positions courtesy of bks over on Pulse are posted below:

Hot 100
05 09 Kelly Clarkson, "My Life Would Suck Without You"
21 -- Carrie Underwood, "Home Sweet Home"
57 62 Carrie Underwood, "I Told You So"
70 -- Kelly Clarkson, "Already Gone"
84 85 Jennifer Hudson, "If This Isn't Love"

Bubbling Under
18 -- Kelly Clarkson, "If I Can't Have You"
20 -- Kelly Clarkson, "I Do Not Hook Up"

No comments:

Search & Win