Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ace to join the cast of 'Grease'

Season 5's seventh-place finalist, Ace Young, will join the cast of Grease on Broadway on Sept. 9 as Kenickie, best friend of one of the main characters, Danny Zuko. Ace is not only the second Idol alum to take part in this show, but the second Idol alum from the fifth season to star in it, as its champ Taylor Hicks is currently starring as Teen Angel.

Ace was obviously excited about taking the role, as he said of his debut on the great white way:

"That's a big side of me that a lot of people don't know. They didn't get to see that on `Idol.' You know, I have four older brothers. I was never trying to even care about what I was wearing. I was just trying to survive at the household."
Taylor's run is up Sept. 7, however, so they will not be in Grease at the same time. Ace's run will last until Jan. 18, 2009.

No comments:

Search & Win