Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cook blogs on everything "finally hitting" him

David Cook used his day off in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., to blog about how he finally understands what has happened to his life since winning Idol. Per the blog entry, Cook said:

"All at once, it hit me full on what has happened to me this last year. I thought about Omaha, and my brother, Andrew, and the Green Mile, and the top 12 red carpet event, and the hotel, and the finale, and this tour. It really became apparent to me at that moment that the tour will be done in about a month, and we'll all, hopefully, go on to amazing careers and lives away from this "Idol Machine" and apart from one another. After a year with these guys, that thought looms ominous and scary."
Also in the blog Cook gave the new Robert Downey, Jr.-Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder his seal of approval (4/5 stars) and thanked his fans for
"...the understanding you guys have shown to my limitations as I try to meander through this very new lifestyle of actually being acknowledged for doing something I love."
Cook is continuing to work on his debut album while on tour, which wraps up Sept. 13 in Tulsa, Okla.

No comments:

Search & Win