Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HITS estimates: Cook 30.3k, Arch 9k

The two Idol-related albums that appeared on HITS Daily Double's Top 50 estimates experienced very healthy increases for the week thanks to Idol's big premiere.

David Cook's self-titled major label debut actually jumped 58% to 30.3k copies for the week, up #19-10. David Archuleta's debut also got a positive response from the premiere, as it was propelled back onto HITS' estimates with 9k copies for the week. It landed at #50 on the chart.

Finalized figures from Billboard should be out by tomorrow night.

1 comment:

virginia said...

We can not buy David Archuleta's album if the stores do not have them.I live in Englewood Fl. and we have one store that has music, that is Wal-Mart and they have not had David's album in there store in about a month. To day I went to Sams club shoping so I through I would buy some there. But gust what they didn't have any. Last month when I went to Sams club they didn't have any then. By the way Sams club is about 11 miles away. The stores keep telling me that they can't keep them in the stores that is how fast they are selling. Well that is not so you and I know that. Because is count dosen't up much. So why do these stores not have his album? We can't buy them if the stores don't have them. Yes we could go online and get them. But I want to see them in the stores for people that don't shop on line, or even have a computer. Helpless in Englewood.

Search & Win