Friday, May 22, 2009

Clay Aiken...not an Adam fan

As reported a few days ago, Blake Lewis was a big supporter of Adam Lambert when he was vying for the title of the eighth season's Idol champ. Another runner-up, however, has a completely different perspective on Adam, as Clay Aiken took time out of his busy day to blog about how he really feels about his fellow runner-up. Per his official fan club ClayOnline.com (courtesy of Gawker):

This year, I happened to turn it during the minute that Adam Lambert was singing "Ring of Fire" and, at that moment, thought my ears would bleed. Contrived, awful, and slightly frightening! I wasn't really a fan and found myself surprised whenever folks told me that they liked him. Granted, I never saw another performance (and many folks who I trust said that he was great) but I can't imagine I would have enjoyed it. Just not my cup of tea at all.

As you can imagine, Adam's fans are getting worked up over this, mostly because it kind of came out of nowhere. Clay also had this to say about Kris Allen:
I never saw Kris sing on the show, but whether he was good or not is really relative. It's usually a matter of taste, right? But Idol is not always a matter of musical taste only. It's about the person you like. From what little I saw, Kris seemed likable.

And he wrapped up the entry with the following:
But again, I feel that Ruben and I were fairly matched. We both had our detractors and negatives, but I feel we were both very worthy of being on that stage in that moment, and either of us would have been worthy of winning. The show was different then, and folks made it in seasons 1-3 because they were "real" people who happened to sing/entertain well. But, somewhere along the way, AI stopped being about real people.
Maybe he has a point, but coming from one of the most popular finalists this show has ever seen, Clay comes off as sounding like a whiny bitter Betty.

No comments:

Search & Win