Thursday, May 14, 2009

'Idol' Hot 100: "No Surprise" #15 (5/23/09)

There were very few shockers on Billboard's Hot 100 chart, as the Idol world had a new representative as the franchise's top song for the chart week of May 23.

Daughtry emerged on top with its new single "No Surprise," which rocketed to a #15 debut following the band's performance of the song on last week's Idol results show.

Kelly Clarkson followed with "My Life Would Suck Without You," which slipped two spots to #18, and her current single, "I Do Not Hook Up," also fell two spots to #26 - yet it remained bulletted.

Next up was Carrie Underwood's newly-crowned #1 country single "I Told You So," which was also down, as it decreased six spots to #40. And Paula Abdul made a grand entrance on the Hot 100 at #87 with her latest single "I'm Just Here For the Music" following her performance of the song on last week's Idol results show.

Full chart positions courtesy of bks over on Pulse are posted below:

Hot 100
015 --- Daughtry, "No Surprise"
018 016 Kelly Clarkson, "My Life Would Suck Without You"
026 024 Kelly Clarkson, "I Do Not Hook Up"
040 034 Carrie Underwood, "I Told You So"
087 --- Paula Abdul, "I'm Just Here For the Music"

No comments:

Search & Win