Thursday, May 7, 2009

Melinda Doolittle talks with Allison following her boot

Melinda Doolittle had a very good day up in Beantown. When she appeared on the FOX 25 Morning News to perform "It's Your Love," little did the she know she would get to speak with Allison via satellite as the newly cast-off finalist made the rounds of her numerous remote affiliate interviews. Watch the clip below:



Melinda, who is a huge Allison fan, blogged about the impromptu experience:
I woke up early this morning to do the FOX morning show in Boston. For the record, I'm not a morning person and I REALLY cannot hide my lisp before 10am, but I digress...
I went to talk about my record ("Coming Back To You" in stores and online now!) and about receiving an Exceptional Woman Award tomorrow, but little did I know the visit would change my life! (Yes, I'm aware that I'm dramatic)
The station was asking me whether I wanted to sing my 2nd song before or after a satellite interview they were about to do. Then, when they heard me lament over Allison's departure, they told me that the interview was with her and they would love for me to join them. DUDE! I screamed and then promptly dropped my mic and went straight over to talk to her. Now, I was SO excited to be seeing her and telling her how much I loved her, that I don't remember much...but I do know that I was able to tell her how awesome it is afterwards and how many great things I knew would come her way. Oh! and how much fun she would have on the tour.

Talk about an incredible opportunity for Melinda (and Allison).

Melinda is currently in Boston for the annual "Exceptional Women Awards," where she will be honored tomorrow in the "Rising Star" category presented by Magic 106.7 FM. The ceremony will take place at the Westin Copley Place from noon to 2 p.m. in Boston.

No comments:

Search & Win